PDA

Voir la version complète : GSXR front end

infamousGSXR750
15/04/2003, 21h35
I have a 1998 gsxr 750. I want to swap the front end fairings ( headlight assembly ) for a 2000 model fairings ( for the new headlights ).

How would I do this and is it possible?? Are the bolts in the same place and any serious changes that would prevent the new front from attaching perfectly???

Paul750
15/04/2003, 22h26
The Gsxr's were completely redesigned in 2000. New frame, new evrything, so my guess is that it would be kind of complicated and you definetely wouldn't get a perfect finish.

Check out www.gixxer.com

There's plenty of gsxr experts that could tell you precisely if and how it can be done. Their forum is pretty good.

SRAD750-R
16/04/2003, 11h20
I doubt it can be done...if you can do it...it will be alot of work and expensive to do so...your bike looks fine the way it is dude :D

Paul750
16/04/2003, 11h46
True... I actually think the SRAD's top fairing and headlight look better than the diamond on the newer gixxers.

FIKS
16/04/2003, 13h21
I have a 1998 gsxr 750. I want to swap the front end fairings ( headlight assembly ) for a 2000 model fairings ( for the new headlights ).

How would I do this and is it possible?? Are the bolts in the same place and any serious changes that would prevent the new front from attaching perfectly???

it could probably be done but it would be some work... the side fairing of the srad only have 2 bolts where it attach to the front, and doesn't have the same shape as the newer gsx (wich have 3 bolts), so you would have to trim it or do a kinda home made extension in fiberglass then paint it the proper color. As for the front fairing, you would have to change everything (bracket, faring, headlight) then swritch it for the newer gen, but at the same time you would have to keep your old cluster. looks like tons of work... does it really worth it, it's up to you.

Lorr
16/04/2003, 13h43
As far as I'm concerned anything can be done, I'v seen some wicked bikes, SV front end coupled with MV Agusta rear end .. so anything can be done, it's a matter of patience and good worksmanship. So, this means that there has to be a way to fit a '03 front end on a privious gen Gixxer, the question that you have to ask for yourself is: Can I realy do it or Do I know someone who's got the ability to do it ? If so, keep in mind that the project can be as easy as getting the job done in a matter of a day or can be as long as weeks.