PDA

Voir la version complète : Cruise Control for Motorcycles:

bigboy12r
27/02/2003, 15h24
I have been using this method for 2 years now, and I have used it on my ZX12R. If you have a bike where comfort is given up for performance, your right hand will thank you. This works on most bikes, as long as you find the right size O-ring. Finding the right combination diameter/thickness will determine how hard the ring will hold the throttle for your bike.

You will need to purchase an O-RING from your local hardware store. You will easily find one that fits your bike in the plumbing sections or simply ask someone once you are there. The cost should not be more than $1.00.

Its dimensions can also identify an o-ring. The two dimensions used most commonly are the inside diameter (I.D.) and cross section (thickness). Sometimes, though, an o-ring will be identified by its inside diameter (I.D.) and outside diameter (O.D.).

Between the Throttle grip and the handle bar end, there is a gap. You will need to purchase an O-ring with an I.D. large enough to roll (semi snug) over the bar ends and O.D. thick enough so it does not slip into this groove/gap. I verify the thickness against the gap before slipping over the bar ends. This avoids having to pick the O-Ring out from the gap if the thickness is too small once you are at the hardware store. Make sure you take proper measurements from your bike before purchasing.

When you are riding short distances or prefer not to use the device, you can leave the O-ring on the end of the handgrip (not the bar end), near the gap. To set the cruise control, either while riding (be careful) or before you head off, you can roll in place the O-ring over the gap and there you have it… you can now let go of the throttle or rest your hand on the throttle while the O-Ring holds it in place. You still have full control of your vehicle as you can twist the throttle grip as you wish. There is no need to lubricate the O-Ring.

If you purchased after market bar ends, you may have some trouble. Also, be sure you have something to pick out the o-ring from between the throttle grip and the bar end in case you put one that is too small to begin with.

I have pictures available if you like to see what it looks like. Simply email me, and I'll send them to you.

DISCLAIMER I cannot claim any responsibility to the instructions, or to any damages that may occur to you, your vehicle or to the devices themselves. I am providing the instructions for informational use and for informational use ONLY.

With that said, have fun!

sweetAny
27/02/2003, 18h46
You don't have to post in all the section of the forum by the way.. only one will do it :D

bigboy12r
27/02/2003, 23h50
Thanks... won't happen again :)

SRAD750-R
28/02/2003, 00h10
Don't mind Sweetany...she likes to boss people around ;) :lol: :)

Makiavel
28/02/2003, 11h03

Yes all the time!!!! :P

Dady
28/02/2003, 11h12
Crime,, me semble avoir vue ce poste ailleur ! ;)

sweetAny
28/02/2003, 12h34

attend que je te pogne toi.. a cabana a sucre.. m'a te courire a pres pis m'a t'étampé la face dans dla marde de cheval :twisted:

Yes all the time!!!! :P

toi aussi t visé :twisted:

SRAD750-R
28/02/2003, 13h19
[quote=SRAD750-R]Don't mind Sweetany...she likes to boss people around ;) :lol: :)

attend que je te pogne toi.. a cabana a sucre.. m'a te courire a pres pis m'a t'étampé la face dans dla *beep* de cheval :twisted:
[quote]See what I meen :-? :lol: :)

bigboy12r
28/02/2003, 13h54
Wow.. the ladies are more dangerous than the guys :shock:

I'll keep my eyes open for her, thanks! :D